Friday, April 17, 2009

Hello, lady.

We have a pair!

This evening I had a female moth eclose. I was able to take a video of it, but I have to warn you that I let my two girls watch so they provided commentary during the process. They also kept bumping my arm that was holding the camera, so it's a bit shaky at times.



After her wings expand I will pair her with one of the males in a paper bag and wait for eggs. As far as worm food goes, my oak buds are getting bigger and greener each day, but I don't have real leaves. I'm trying not to panic about it just yet.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 19, 2009 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Michele said...

The commentary by your girls is hilarious...a great addition to the video.

 
At April 20, 2009 at 2:18 AM , Blogger Ercil said...

I loved your video. Your girls are GREAT! I have kids too,when they were younger they loved this kind of thing. Thanks for posting it!

 
At April 22, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is fascinating! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home