Saturday, May 3, 2008

Tired

Last night I stayed up very late and held the last female while she laid eggs. I got 67 more eggs from her and then stopped when things slowed down. At that point she'd been laying over a span of 4 days which I don't think is normal. Not to mention the fact that she's not really acting normal either, and I'm not totally sure that she mated at all. All those eggs might be infertile.

She's still alive right now, but I'm just going to leave her alone. I left a branch in her container and she seems very content to just hang on it and do nothing. I also have two males still alive, but they look pretty pathetic. It makes me sad to see them die but there's nothing I can do about that.

Now I'll just wait for the eggs to hatch. It will probably be at least a week before I see the first little black caterpillars.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home