Monday, June 2, 2008

The survivors

Well, I still have four bugs left - one small, two medium, and a large. They all look very healthy and happy. Here, take a look!



Medium



Medium



Small



Large!



This is my 3 year-old daughter holding the large worm.

I have to say that these worms seem very shy compared to B. mori. When I walk in the room and take the lid off of my rearing containers they all immediately freeze. The only way I've gotten them to move is to pry them off of the leaves that they're on. And they are tenacious little ones. B. mori are much easier to move around than these are. It took me a long time to carefully pry each little foot of the large worm off of the leaf it was on. I was really afraid that I was going to rip a foot off. Thankfully, I did not.

It's now been 24 days since these worms have hatched. They should still have a bit to go until they spin. I'm thinking at least two more weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home