Sunday, July 27, 2008

Moths everywhere

I've been a bit busy lately, so I've not had the time to post about all the moths that have emerged. I had two males emerge the day after the females, and both had paired by the next morning. I left them alone for 24 hours then transferred each pair into a separate brown paper bag. One pair stayed coupled while the other came apart. That was last night. This morning the coupled pair was still together, while the others were apart and the female had laid eggs.

Also last night I had two more males and another female emerge. This morning she had paired with one of the males. All of the emerged moths have been from the imported UK shipment. My two cocoons haven't done anything yet. I suspect they are males due to the size, but I'll just have to wait and see. I'll take more pictures when I get a chance.

I feel optimistic with so many pairs right now. This could be the turning point for this little project. Now I just need eggs to hatch and everything will be a go!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home